Middle School Daily Announcements
Tuesday – December 12, 2017
Today is an “E” day.
Our lunch for today is: Taco Tuesday.
We would like to wish a Happy Birthday to both Jenelle Kieffer & Hannah Raybon!
Announcements for today are:
- The Word of the Week is Activism: A doctrine or practice that emphasizes direct vigorous action especially in support of or opposition to one side of a controversial issue.
- The Book of the Week is The Serpent King. Named to ten “Best of the Year” book lists and selected as a William C. Morris Award Winner, The Serpent King is the critically acclaimed, much-beloved story of three teens who find themselves – and each other – while on the cusp of graduating from high school with hopes of leaving their small-town behind. Dill isn't the most popular kid at his rural Tennessee high school. After his father fell from grace, Dill became a target. Fortunately, his two fellow misfits and best friends, Travis and Lydia, have his back. Check out the book in the LMC!
- The Varsity Swim Team needs a team manager as soon as possible for home and away swim meets. If you are interested in keeping our team scoring records, please see coach McClaine in the pool today. We have a home swim meet today and WE NEED YOU!
- Interested in learning about Chinese Calligraphy, Chinese Zodiac or Traditional Chinese Foods? Have a study hall or two in your schedule? Then sign up for the next series of Chinese workshops taking place throughout the day, today through Friday. Check out the link on the LMC webpage for more details!
- Christmas is a good time to give back! There will be a collection box in the office to donate a new unwrapped toy to Owen’s Toy Box. The toys will go to kids at Children’s Hospital. The last day for drop offs is on December 18th.
- Teen Movie Night this Friday at the C. Dee Wright Community Center from 7-9:00pm. This Friday is the feature film Gremlins.
- The Girls' Modified Basketball Team beat Newfane with a score of 27 - 11. Leading scorers for Akron were Rachel Dugan with 6 points and Alex Roland with 4 points. Several players scored 2 points in a balanced attack and win. Congratulations ladies!