Creative Art 1/3 Assignments
Project 3 - Book Design using a Theme (Accordion Book) - inspired by tattoo styles - See SLIDE SHOW and NOTES- explains project, exercises, and shows samples.
We will do a series of exercises, drawings, and mini projects in a large variety of styles to learn a plethora of techniques. Pick a theme that you will enjoy throughout the series. It may be a broad theme (ex: animals) or a narrow theme (my dog), or you may pick a theme from the box of destiny...
11/29 to 12/3 - see notes and Slide Show
9) Thankful/ Family & Friends - Practice - drawing a tree (family tree) or family crest (class choice); Create this page based on your family and/or friends and the things that bind you together
10) Nationality - practice - drawing/ shading a waving flag; Create a piece based on one or more of your nationalities. What are the things that are part of your family traditions (food, celebrations, art, etc)
11) Celtic - practice - drawing and shading a basic knotwork design; Create a page based on Celtic notwork and/or zoomorphic characters.
12/6 to 12/10
12) Japanese - practice - wind bars, clouds (often referred to as bubble cloud), wind spirals, water, finger waves, and rocks; Create a Japanese style design using one or several of the background elements to create focal point and background contrast
13) Polynesian/ Tribal
12/13 to 12/22 - pick 3
Quiz 2 on Pages 1-13 notes (you may use your notes)
14) White Over Black
15) Glow in the Dark
1) Black and gray drawing from observation and using shading techniques. Try for realism. (2 pts)
Practice shading a value scale, gradient and 6 basic forms using a pencil as a precursor exercise (2 pts). We will also shade a basic rose form. (1 pt)
10/25 - 10/29
2) American Traditional. Watercolor wash, graded wash, and multicolor wash. (2 pts); Practice watercolor gradient and shading a design. (1 pt)
3) Kawaii style. Ink with marker and use watercolor pencils for color. Glitter optional. (2 pts) Practice character parts in class.
11/1 to 11/5 - see notes and slide show
4) Dia de los Muertos Style - develop a colorful page based on calaveras - use colored pencils to shade your colors
Make-up work from MP#1 - turn in all missing work
11/8 to 11/12 - see notes and slide shows
5) Native American Style (11/18-11/9) - practice - create 5 symbols based on your theme and arrange them into an abstract design; develop color for your page with medium of choice
6) Memorial (11/10 - 11/12) - practice - banner drawing with name; create a page based on someone who has sacrificed for you (family or friend, past or present, military or not, banner or none)
11/15 to 11/23 - see notes and Slide Show
7) Lettering/ Quotes - practice - lettering styles with brush pens or calligraphy pens or markers; page will contain a highly decorative word or calligraphy quote or phrase, add embellishment
8) Love - practice - shaded dimesnional heart in color; This page will be about someone or something you love (heart is optional)