Photography 2 - Assignments
MP#3 Project Checklist
50 Pts = Effort Grade (1 point/day of class)
10 pts = Life in Color - 10 photos based on color theories (monochromatic, complementary, or a combination). Topics are choice-based.
5 pts = Artist research for artist emulation/parody
10 pts = Photos in the Style of ______. Emulate or parody the content and style with a new, personalized twist.
10 pts = Experimental Class Work - we will periodically do photo experiments based on your interests and needs as a group to further camera and equipment knowledge.
10 pts - Independent Choice project
5 pts = product for one project of choice; ex: book, collage, magazine, display (print and mount), t-shirt, video, photo transfer, etc.
*Possible to Earn College Credit Through ECC Photoshop Course - See Ms Cornell if Interested
Artist Research and Emulation - Description/ Notes
- Project: Complete research (see notes) to provide basic biography, style, artworks, technique, and plan for emulation.
- Artist: See Links, Sign up for YOUR artist HERE
- Vocab: Analysis, Interpretation, style, subject matter, composition, theme, emulation
- Camera Skills: varies by style chosen
- Photoshop Tools: varies by style chosen
- Links: Famous Photographers 1, 27 Famous Photographers, More Photographers
Life in Color - Monochromatic and Complementary Colors - Description/ Notes
- Project: Construct a total of 10 monochromatic and/or complementary colored photos of subject(s) of choice. Use selective placement, filters, color correction, or saturation methods to enhance your color.
- Artist: Sandy Skoglund, Steve McCurry, National Geographic Life in Color, Monochromatic Household Objects, Inspirational Color Photographers
- Vocab: Color Properties: Hue, Value/Lightness, Saturation; Color Schemes: Monochromatic, Complementary, Analogous; Unity/ Harmony, Contrast; Color Psychology
- Camera Skills: White Balance, Selective Focus
- Photoshop Tools: Sponge, Adjustment Layers: Photo Filters, Color Balance, Blending Modes
- Career: Industrial/ Commercial Photographer
- Links: Color Theory in Photography, Color Theory 2,
Independent Choice Projects
Edit 10+ photos based on a theme of choice from the following list, or propose a unique concept of your own.
Examples of ideas:
- Art Elements and Principles (line, shape, color, texture, contrast, rhythm, etc.)
- Special Family Moments
- A Day in the Life
- Musical song or album interpreted
- Favorite family recipes
- The Love(s) of My Life
- My favorite place(s)
- SSDD = Same Scene, Different Day