Resource Room is a supportive class that will focus on tasks and skills that need reinforcement in specific content areas.
Resource Room is not a study hall!!
Students are expected to complete homework at home!!
Specific skills and tasks will be reviewed as needed in resource room.
Types of Resource Room Activities:
· Pre and/or re-teaching of skills/concepts presented in classes
· Additional explanations/directions for assignments presented in classes
· Time to ask questions concerning academic vocabulary or assignments
· Textbook reading/discussion
· Studying for tests; development of test taking strategies
· Study Skills Strategies· Time management skills/ Prioritizing
· Organizational assistance (notebooks, locker, backpack)
· Remediation of basic skills in reading, writing, or math
Materials Needed Every Day:
· Notebooks/Folders with assignments
· Student Agenda filled out with assignments and any projects or studying that need to be completed
Classroom Behavior:· Act Responsibly/ Maintain Safety/Show Respect