FEDERAL COVID-19 RELIEF FUNDING
To Our Akron Community:
The federal government has mobilized funding to address the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic in school districts. Akron Schools has created a plan to utilize this funding with a focus on three main areas: Health and Safety of Students and Staff, Instructional Support for Students, and Social-Emotional Well-Being of our school community. Please review our plan here (also available from the left menu as ARP-ESSER) to find more detailed information on how funding will be used to support the following:
- Addressing the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on students, including the impacts of interrupted instruction and learning loss for all students, including those most heavily impacted by the pandemic.
- Implementing evidence-based strategies to meet students' social, emotional, mental health, and academic needs;
- Purchasing educational technology;
- Safely returning students to in-person instruction;
- Offering evidence-based summer, afterschool, and other extended learning and enrichment programs;
Our plan will be reviewed on a bi-annual basis. As we make revisions, your input is very important. We ask that you to leave your feedback and suggestions on how the District should use federal COVID-19 Relief Funding to best meet the needs of our school community at firstname.lastname@example.org.