High School Daily Announcements
Tuesday, March 26, 2019
It is a “B” day.
Please stand for the “Pledge to the Flag”. I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands, one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
We would like to wish a Happy Birthday to the following:
- None to report.
Our lunch for today is:
- Stuffed Cheese Sticks
- Nothing to report.
Word of the Week:
- Homage: An expression of great respect and honor.
Book of the Week:
- Escape! The Story of The Great Houdini by Sid Fleischman: Who was this man who could walk through brick walls and, with a snap of his fingers, make elephants vanish? In these pages you will meet the astonishing Houdini - magician, ghost chaser, daredevil, pioneer aviator, and king of escape artists. No jail cell or straitjacket could hold him! He shucked off handcuffs as easily as gloves. Did Houdini really pick the jailhouse lock to let a fellow circus performer escape? Were his secrets really buried with him? Was he a bum magician, as some rivals claimed? In this fresh, witty biography of the most famous bamboozler since Merlin, Sid Fleischman, a former professional magician himself, enriches his warm homage with insider information and unmaskings.
Announcements for today are:
- The following students should report to Mrs. Chase: Cassie Brandl, Madison Henning
- Congratulations to our FEBRUARY Student of the Month winners!! Art: Riley Funseth; Band: Kristen Stachowiak; Business: Jenna Schweigert; Orchestra: Marissa Brennan ; English: David Kalinowski; Spanish: Olivia Kreher; Harkness: Zachary Sanford; Health: Katelynn Kitchen; Math: Annie Leeds; Phys Ed: Ian Lesniak; Science: Sarah Schleef; Social Studies: James Sears; and Technology: Evan Lazzazero.
- Mrs. Myers’ Period 2 Seminar should report to H185 w/Mrs. Saeli.
- Ms. Patterson’s classes report as follows: Period 2 H114 w/Mrs. Abrams, Period 3 H10 w/Mr. Mergenhagen, Period 4 H156 w/Mrs. Palmer, Period 5 H115 w/Mr. Baumgarten, Period 6 H227 w/Mrs. Scorsone, Period 7 H156 w/Mrs. Palmer, Period 8 H214 w/Mr. McHale.
- Mrs. Quinones classes report as follows: Period 2 H189 w/Ms. Heimiller, Period 3 H187 w/Mrs. Falls, Period 4 H156 w/Mrs. Palmer.
- Mr. Cronin's Global students need to bring their textbooks to class today.
- Those students wishing to be removed from the Ineligible List should obtain a petition sheet from the HS Office today. Forms are due Wednesday, March 27.
- 9th Period in the LMC is priority pass only today.
- Donate Life Club Facts of the day: 1. Someone in the U.S. needs blood every two seconds.; 2. 37% of the U.S. population is eligible to donate blood only 10% do annually.
- Reminder to Seniors: Scholarship applications are due Wednesday, March 27.
- Tonight our team off Rileigh Dunn, Katelyn James, Lucy Molitor, and Lucas Wicks will face off against Medina and Roy-Hart. Catch us live at 5:15 on WLVL.com, 105.3 FM or 1340 AM. Our bus will leave at about 4:25 Then On Thursday Mindy Dokor, Josh Drabik, Adriana Militello, and Chloe Wiechec will take on Will North and Star Point. Good luck tonight.
- There will be a meeting for the Freshman Class officers TODAY at 2:40 in Mrs. Chunco's room.
- TODAY, during 9th period, come visit the new Entrepreneurship Class school store located across from the cafe. Free samples and Akron apparel will be on sale! Make sure to come support your fellow classmates!
- Interact Members: Great news!! The Dominican Republic, Just Build It Service trip has been board approved for 2020! Stop outside of Mrs. O'Malley's room, M201 to pick up your application package. These must be completed and submitted to her with deposit by Friday, April 5th. All Interact members need to attend a very important meeting Thursday, 3/28 at 2:45. We are rolling out the Butterfly Effect. Make arrangements in your schedule to be there!
- The Donate Life Club's Dodgeball Playoffs will be held this Wednesday during 9th period in the performance gym be sure to purchase your playoff ticket for a $1 in lunches or from Mrs. Chase or Mrs. Johnson. Your ticket also gets you into the drawing for a pair of airpods.
- Varsity Boys and Girls Swim Team Banquet will be on Sunday 3/31 at Skateland in Lockport from 5-7. This is a SWIMMERS ONLY event and there is no cost for swimmers. See coach dembrow in M108 if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you!
- Attn Unified Basketballers (both veterans and rookies): There will a meeting for all students interested in playing Unified Basketball for the 2019 season in Room H201 on Wednesday, March 25th at 2:40 pm. If you cannot make this meeting, Please stop by room H201 some time after the meeting to pick up required paperwork.
- None to report.