HS Daily Announcements
Today is Friday, December 8, 2023
It’s a “C” Day
Akron Central School District acknowledges that we gather on the traditional lands of the Tonawanda Seneca Nation. We honor the contributions of the Indigenous peoples past, present, and future with gratitude for the land as we continue to work together with a spirit of respect and understanding.
Happy Birthday today to: Jesse Borynski, Maksim Los, and Morgan Tomporowski. This weekend wished go out to: Derren Brooks, Nathan Lomayestewa and Asher Sikora.
Lunch for today is: Popcorn chicken, cinnamon bun, veggie medley, applesauce, fresh fruit and fruit juice.
- Attention all HS students, interested in obtaining the NYS Seal of Civic Readiness on your graduation diploma? Please complete the brief survey sent to your student email from Mrs. Fial no later than December 22nd.
- Congratulations to the following students who were accepted in to college: Payton Palizay- Buffalo State, Alanna Daniel- Nazareth College and Teagan Ground – GCC.
- Attention all Sophomores: You have been sent a BOCES survey via your school email. Only those of you who are interested in attending a BOCES Program your Junior & Senior years need to sign up. Please complete and submit the survey by the end of today.
- Attention to any student who would like to be a part of the stage crew for Mamma Mia. There will be an informational meeting with Mr Hochreiter on Thursday, December 14th at 3pm in the auditorium. This is the meeting to attend if you have questions about what it's like to be on crew. All are welcome to attend!
- The Akron boys swim team had an exciting meet against Albion last night. Falling short by only 10 points! The tiger sharks swam fast with many of them swimming best times.
- The lady tiger sharks fell to Albion last night! All 8 ladies had best times in the pool and put up a great fight. Good job.
- The JV girls' basketball team improved their record to 3-1 this pre-season with a win over Kenmore East Thursday evening. Kylie Mangione led all scorers with 17 points. Tessa Irvine added 11 points, while Clara Bogdan had 6, and Marissa Brege with 4 points. A hard fought game with many defensive adjustments helped to seal the win. The next game is Monday, home against Pembroke. Come on out and cheer on your JV girls' basketball team!