The file linked is a one-page printable .pdf version of the Board of Education approved 2020-21 Akron Central School District calendar which was adopted on March 4, 2020 and revised on July 29, 2020.
Particular dates of interest include:
* September 1, 2 & 3 are Staff Conference Days
* Friday, September 4th - No School
* Monday, September 7 is Labor Day - No School
* Tuesday, September 8 is first day of student attendance
* Winter Recess is scheduled for December 24th through January 1st
* Mid-Winter Recess will be from February 15th through February 19th
* Spring Recess will be from April 2nd through April 9th
plus other changes. Please review carefully.
If additional student attendance days are needed due to weather or other closings, the retrieval days will be in the following order:
April 9, April 8, April 7, 2021
The file linked is an electronic version of the 2020-21 District Calendar that is printed and mailed one per household to the residences of those students attending Akron Schools. Due to the uncertainty of the COVID-19 pandemic, all events are subject to change in accordance with NYSDOH requirements and Executive Orders from Governor Cuomo.
Since its publication, there are already dates that have been changed, notably, LifeTouch Picture Days and Retake Days, and Homecoming. Please look to the district website electronic calendars for current information.
The publication includes the District's notifications and policies in the pages following the calendar months, as well as information about the Board of Education. A phone directory to main offices and departments is also included.